We were commissioned to produce a DVD for the Beckenham Methodist Church in celebration of their 125th anniversary in 2012. It was during the 1880s that a decision was made to build a new Wesleyan Church in Beckenham, and so a site was chosen and the inaugural work begun.
In 1932 the church changed its name to the Beckenham Methodist Church, a year in which Beckenham saw the opening of its brand new town hall.
The story follows the history of the church to date and includes footage of many of the groups who are part of the community of the modern church.
We have completed the film requested by the Friends of Shirley Windmill which is now available to buy at Shirley Windmill when visiting or though this website.
One of only four windmills open to the public in Greater London, Shirley Windmill is a Tower Mill, built in 1854 by Richard Alwen to replace an earlier (1808) timber post-mill on this site, lost by fire. It ceased working in about 1890, but most of the original machinery, including its two pairs of millstones, is still in place, and has recently been restored.